Thursday 3 March 2011

This book be gettin' pretty darn trippy

I'm halfway through chapter 6 in SH5, and this book is getting pretty trippy. All this business regarding time travel and aliens and war and giraffe-gardens and morphine nights is kinda messing with my brain. Vonnie jumps all around to different weird scenes, and only spends a paragraph or two on each scene. Not only is it hard to follow, but its hard to remember and understand the little details when I'm getting bombarded with all kinds of information that is unrelated to the paragraphs that precede and follow! It reminds me of like, when someone hasn't cleaned their room in a long time. There's stuff over here, junk over there...

I started off strongly disliking this non-linear trippiness but I'm warming up to it.
I wonder if Vonnie was into drugs? Yes, the brain is not meant to be perfectly organised, but I wonder if he got some of that disorganised creativity from drug use? Huxley was all into LSD, maybe Vonnie was too?

1 comment:

  1. I agree its really hard to follow the storyline in the novel and it confuses your brain. I finished reading the book last week and it just ended like the ending didn't even make sense.

    Puja

    ReplyDelete