Friday 11 March 2011

If you get offended...PUT THE GOSH-DARNED BOOK DOWN!!!

Can you write an awesome book without swearing or sexual content? I sure think so.

Though bad words and taboo thingies like sex and drugs can add to a story in my opinion, I'm fine without them, as are many other folks in Canada and Amurica. Some books like SH5 have been banned because of swearing and sex. I don't think that any book should be banned for any reason. If you happen to get offended by it, then DON'T READ IT. And don't try to get it banned...what's that gonna do, besides deny people a unique reading experience? It's not like anyone hasn't sworn or talked about sex before, why is it so different when you see it in print?

Regarding Vonnie's seemingly anti-Amurican-ness...I don't really have an opinion on that. He had freedom of speech, eh? Like I said, if someone gets 0ffended...put the gosh-darned book down!!!

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you 100%! I also think that when people get a book banned because THEY don't agree with the content, is just going to make more people want to read it... So they're really accomplishing nothing. Also, LOL at your spelling of Amurica and Vonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We as a society have this strong tendency to blow things out of proportion. We never really take the time to think that these "controversial" novels aren't so controversial just don't read it. We sacrifice so many excellent pieces of literature by creating this controversy. I agree with you Jay 100%!

    ReplyDelete